Click here to take the STAR reading test: STAR
When done, go on Spelling City here : https://www.spellingcity.com/users/msclementz
Or practice math facts: https://www.factmonster.com/math/flashcard?op=multiplication&level=2
We have made it through the first quarter! It went so fast! Here are a few reminders and updates!
- Huge thank you to the room representatives and parent volunteers for making the Halloween party such a success!
- Please let me know as soon as possible if you did not receive the link to sign up for a parent teacher conferences on November 15th! Also, please reach out to me with any conflicts or other issues for the conferences.
- We will be having our Topic 3 math test on Friday. Help your students to prepare by practicing 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8s facts and reviewing and correcting the People Search that will be completed in class on Thursday.
- We will also be having our Spelling quiz on Friday. The words are posted on the homework page on this website and on the Spelling City website.
Have a great weekend!
This is a short week for us and the end of the quarter!
- Vocabulary quiz on Thursday - Make sure your students review and take advantage of the Spelling City website!
- On Thursday, we will have a Quick Check over the first four lessons of Topic 3 in math
-On Wednesday, the students will have an assessment over forces that we have been learning about all quarter. Outside studying should not be necessary.
- Our small moment writing pieces need to be finished and published by Thursday. Students will be given plenty of time in class to finish, but some may need to be taken home to complete.
- Tomorrow are picture retakes!
- On Tuesday at 2:00, we will be having a slime assembly to see Mr. Z and Mr. Laslo slimed!
- On Tuesday afternoon we will also be having our Halloween party. Students may wear costumes to school on Tuesday, but no masks. Students may bring items to share with the whole class, but there must be one for all 25 students and it cannot be food or candy.
- Thursday is the last day of the first quarter, please let me know as soon as possible if there are any questions about grades in the grade book!
- No school on Friday!
I recently set up our classroom's Pearson Realize accounts so that students will have access to resources online. I will be introducing this website to the students next week and we will begin to have some in class assignments on it. If you would like for your child to access it at home for extra practice, I have included the login instructions below.
We will be having our Topic 2 test on Tuesday, so the weekend would be a great time to have your student explore the website and get some extra practice!
Here are the login instructions:
- Pearson Math Curriculum : Math
*The password for all students in Room 206 is: clementz206
* The username for most students is just their first and last name. For example, if your name was John Doe, the username
would be johndoe. There are a few exceptions so if you are unable to login, please email me and I can check your child's
Reminders for this week:
- Vocabulary quiz will be on Friday, so the students need to make sure they study for the week!
- Wednesday is our field trip to the Museum of Science and Industry, students need to be sure to bring a sack lunch and wear
their Coonley Field Trip Shirts!
-Students need to bring a picture of themselves for a non-fiction book they are each completing!
- Students also need to bring a list of the countries that their families are from for a project we will be working on this week!
Have a great night!
- Progress reports will go home on Wednesday!
- Please make sure to have turned in all forms to me, especially field trip forms!
- Students will have a Spelling Test on Friday!
Have a great day off!
- On Monday and Friday this week, we will be having Reading and Math MAP testing in the afternoon on both days.
- Field trip forms and money should be turned in as soon as possible. Parent reps will soon be looking for chaperone
- Please continue to turn in any forms to me, such as emergency contact forms, income verification forms, Google account
forms or parent contact forms.
- This week will have both a Vocabulary test and a Math test on Friday.
- If you still have your child's black folder at home, please return it back to me.
Have a great night!
- Picture Day is this Tuesday, September 26th!!
- Please let me know if you are interested in being one of our parent representatives!
- I have attached the powerpoint from the Open House last week, so if you were unable to attend all of the information is
- If you did not receive my email tonight about being a parent rep, please email me so I can add your email to my email
Have a great night!