Looking for More?
A few parents asked for some more resources. These will be attached and listed below. These are enrichments for students who have completed the work for the week already, they are not expectations.
- Spelling work
- Words: Week of March 23-27 Spelling Words
- Possible work to do with these words: Word Choice Board
- Reading - Reading Bingo
- Reading and Writing Prompts: Reading and Writing Prompts
- Math Challenges: Math Challenges Folder
- CPS 2nd grade enrichment packet: CPS 2nd grade packet
- Prodigy (I have assigned certain questions that go along with what students are learning in their math books) - Prodigy Login Help
- Xtramath - Students may do more than one session a day. I will give students a shout out on Remind if they pass an operation (ie addition)
- Coding: Coding Link
- Typing Club: Typing Club Instructions
As always, please reach out if you are looking for more resources. I can send stuff based on your student's skill level as well -- for example if they need some more challenging material.
Happy Monday! We made it through one week off.
Real quickly, I just wanted to mention, please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions, concerns or anything you may have. I am happy to work with you to create a schedule, prioritize assignments or find more resources.
Goals for this week:
1. New Math Pages: p. 585 - 602
2. Pearson Realize Quick Checks for 10-1,10-2, 10-3
3. Complete at least 2 sessions of Xtramath
4. Continue to have students read for at least 15 minutes each day
5. Finish Scholastic News - How do you brush a hippo's teeth and Baby Eagles
6. Respond to daily flip grid assignments
As always, these are only optional. I completely understand that every situation is different. Please just do what's best for your family.
This is by no means what you have to do. I just wanted to provide an outline to help anyone out who may need it!
Monday - Lesson 10-1 in book
Tuesday - Pearson Realize 10 -1 Quick Check, then Xtramath/Prodigy/Khan
Wednesday - Lesson 10-2 in book
Thursday - Pearson Realize 10-2 Quick Check then Xtramath/Prodigy/Khan
Friday - Lesson 10-3 in book then Pearson Realize Quick Check
Monday - Read, Hippo Scholastic News, Flip Grid
Tuesday - Read, Raz Kids assignments, Flip Grid
Wednesday - Read, Baby Eagles Scholastic News, Flip Grid
Thursday - Read, Story assignment (to be sent out later in the week), Flip Grid
Friday - Read, Raz Kids assignment, Flip Grid
Monday - Pick bird to research
Tuesday - Research bird
Wednesday - Research bird
Thursday - Finish research and create poster
Friday - Use poster to share about bird with friends on Flip Grid
Monday - Start Ellis Island webquest on the Scholastic Ellis Island website
Tuesday - Continue webquest
Wednesday - Continue webquest
Thursday - Complete young immigrants assignment
Friday - Go on a virtual tour of Ellis Island
As we reach the end of the first week, I wanted to give some updates so that students are not falling behind.
By the end of today, I would love for students to have finished these tasks, if possible:
1. Math Book p. 552- 582
2. Pearson Realize Online Quick Checks (there are 3 of them)
3. Scholastic News - St. Patrick's Day edition
4. Have completed one session of extra math
If you are willing, students can be working on the bird research project. After they have done the research, they may go on flip grid to share about the bird they researched.
New Flip Grid Post:
-- I have posted a writing prompt that I would love students to write down their response and then read their response and share via a video on Flip Grid.
Next week, I will be sending out new math pages to work on and a social studies assignment.
Reading Buddies Challenge
Finally, I am working with Ms. Meegan who is the teacher of our 8th grade reading buddies. She is asking her students to make videos to share with the reading buddies in my classroom. This is the assignment she shared with them:
"Make a short video message of you reading a story for your buddy or just a video hello to your reading buddy. Send it to me and I'll forward them on to your reading buddies' teacher. Could be fun and it may make someone's day?"
I will be passing along any videos I receive. If your student would like to make a video to share, I can pass that video along to her as well.
Stay safe and have a good weekend!